Worship / Creative Arts Director
We are currently searching for a gifted, high-energy, people-oriented leader to join our staff team as Creative Arts Director. The Creative Arts Director will be the producer of each worship service working with the Lead pastor and creative teams to execute an inspiring and engaging experience. The Creative Arts Director must be a visionary who is creative in leading people to God but with an eye for detail to execute effectively. The Creative Arts Director is also a shepherd to the artists who serve in this ministry. AVL tech skills are a plus.
Plan the corporate worship services in consultation with the Lead Pastor and do so with prayer, conceptual forethought, and musical appropriateness. Ensure that all the musical and technical aspects of the service advance the theme for the day. Oversee song selection, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, and coordination of all instrumentalists and vocalists.
- Serve as Worship Leader in Sunday gatherings and develop other gifted worship leaders to expand the team.
- Prepare for and lead weekly rehearsals of music and special creative teams as planned. (i.e. dance, scripture reading, drama, art, other multi-cultural expressions)
- Lead and oversee weekly tech teams.
- Pastor, develop, and disciple worship and creative arts volunteers.
- Collaborate with the Lead and Executive Pastor to implement the strategic objectives of the church, including leading change to effectively reach and engage new generations.
- Assist with pastoral and teaching duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Abilities:
- A mature faith in Christ demonstrated by a life that is growing in the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23)
- Minimum five years of experience in ministry leadership
- Formal ministry and/or theological training from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated excellence in leading worship with a strong vocal ability.
- A gifted musician experienced in leading worship
- Experienced in the use of technology in worship (sound, lighting, ProPresenter)
- Strong cultural competence and the ability to minister effectively in a multi-ethnic, culturally diverse setting.
- Ability to organize one’s self and the tasks necessary to accomplish larger goals.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- One or more of the following Spiritual gifts: leadership, teaching, exhortation,
- Ability to connect with a multi-ethnic congregation in a mixed urban/suburban setting.
- A team player with a commitment to the unity of the staff team and church
- Teachable and curious, continually pursuing personal growth
- Willing to affirm, practice, and uphold an egalitarian theology.
- Ability to fully commit to the beliefs, mission, vision, and values of Seneca Creek Community Church
This is a full time, salaried position with a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Health Insurance
- 403b Retirement Account
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Paid vacation and sick leave
To apply please send cover letter, resume, and video recording demonstrating your musical abilities to Careers@senecacreek.org