Baby Essentials Program Coordinator
Part-time (10-15 hours per week)
The Baby Essentials Program Coordinator will manage and oversee our services to parents of infants and toddlers, ensuring that the program is in compliance with grant requirements, aligned with the vision and values of the Cares Hub and accomplishing its program goals and objectives.
- Procure and inventory management of diapers, formula and wipes from government and private sources. (Montgomery County, DC Diaper Bank, Private Donors)
- Create and maintain systems to ensure the orderly and efficient delivery of services. (Client appointment calendar, inventory tracking, packaging diapers for distribution etc.)
- Supervise and collaborate with the Assistant Coordinator to effectively and efficiently execute the baby essentials program.
- Recruit and manage volunteers to carry out the tasks of the program, ensuring volunteers are screened, trained, and regularly appreciated for their efforts.
- Create a welcoming and hospitable environment for all clients, seeking to build relationships and inviting them to participate in other opportunities and resources of the church.
- Ensure critical data is gathered from each client and prepare weekly reports related to diaper distributions and volunteer engagement.
- Process referrals and collaborate with partners to meet the needs of our target populations.
- Respond to email, phone, and text inquiries.
- Disseminate information about state and local programs and when appropriate refer clients to the Cares Hub caseworker to assist in identifying and resolving critical needs.
- Attend Hub Staff and other administrative meetings as needed.
- Pursue professional development through workshops, conferences, reading, and networking.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Demonstrated leadership capacity and strong people skills
- Teachable with a growth mindset, willing to receive and respond to feedback
- Ability to organize and delegate assignments to accomplish results through others
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access
- Strong written communication skills
- Bilingual English / Spanish Speaker highly desirable
- Physical ability to perform heavy lifting, standing for long periods, and significant amounts of walking
To apply send resume and cover letter to: Careers@senecacreek.org
High School / Young Adult Pastor
We are searching for a strong visionary leader who is highly relational to lead our high school / young adult ministry into the future. We understand that today’s students are wary of organized religion and skeptical of authority, but they are intrigued by Jesus. We know that reaching today’s students requires more than just a new model of ministry; it’s a whole new conversation. We’re passionate about engaging young people and addressing the messy and complex questions that they are asking.
Seneca Creek gives staff wide latitude to innovate and the freedom to pursue new ideas. The ideal candidate will collaborate with our middle school director to develop long-term goals across middle and high school ministry. The high school / Young adult pastor will sit on the staff alignment team to foster collaboration and integration of students into the wider church body.
Ideal candidates must have experience ministering in a multi-ethnic, racially diverse context. They must be comfortable entering the messy world of teenagers and willing to reach out to teens who are far from God. They must be able to confidently address relevant issues facing students with grace and truth that is not judgmental or condemning. They must possess excellent public speaking skills with the ability to contextualize the gospel in culturally relevant ways that include the effective use of media.
It is critical that candidates are able to relate to and develop adult volunteers while at the same time develop a strong student leadership team. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated and a self-starter able to think strategically, and define a path forward to accomplish ministry initiatives.
- Lead, manage, and oversee the ministries to young people at Seneca Creek, ensuring that programs and systems are aligned with the overall church vision and values and effectively accomplish our mission.
- Recruit, equip, and deploy adult leaders to carry out the relational ministry that strives for excellence in reaching and discipling young people.
- Develop teams of high school student volunteers who are actively engaged in serving in high school ministry.
- Collaborate with lead pastor and creative arts team to create a Sunday worship experience that includes and engages high school and college students.
- Develop and oversee an effective high school small groups ministry that is strategically discipling students in biblical literacy and HOPE as described in the Seneca Creek Vision.
- Shepherd and invest in current young adults (18-25 years) to further develop and expand our ministry to young adults.
- Ensure that ministries are outreach-oriented and reaching those who are disconnected from the Church.
- Ensure that our ministry to minors is taking the precautions necessary to protect youth from injury or abuse and mitigating our risks by ensuring that our youth protection policy is observed.
- Help develop and facilitate a cohesive ministry pipeline from childhood through young adult, including collaborating with other staff to develop effective bridges between age groups.
- Build rapport and maintain regular communication with parents of students.
- Collaborate with other pastors and directors to carry out the church’s strategic initiatives to effectively accomplish the mission and vision of the church.
- Read, study, attend seminars, network, etc. to ensure continual personal and professional growth.
Qualifications and Abilities:
- A mature faith in Christ demonstrated by a life that is growing in the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23)
- Minimum five years experience leading in student ministry
- Youth ministry and/or theological training from an accredited institution
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to build rapport with adult volunteers and students.
- Strong cultural competence and the ability to minister effectively in a multi-ethnic, culturally diverse setting.
- Strong teaching gifts with the ability to develop and deliver culturally relevant messages that engage, challenge, and inspire students to grow.
- Big picture thinker with the ability to set strategy and long range goals
- Passion and willingness to manage the tension between outreach and discipleship.
- Ability to connect with a multi-ethnic congregation in a mixed urban/suburban setting.
- A team player with a commitment to the unity of the staff team and church
- Teachable and curious, continually pursuing personal and theological growth
- Ability to affirm, practice, and uphold an egalitarian theology.
- Ability to fully commit to the beliefs, mission, vision, and values of Seneca Creek Community Church
Full-time 40-45 hours per week (exempt)
Salary Package Includes: Health insurance, 403b Retirement, Vacation/sick leave, Long term disability insurance, Continuing professional development budget
Reports to: Executive Pastor
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to Careers@senecacreek.org
The Executive Assistant will support the Lead and Executive Pastors in the performance of their duties to enhance their effectiveness and expand ministry impact
- Manage pastor’s calendars, functioning as the primary contact person for meetings and other schedule commitments
- Manage various forms of correspondence including voicemail, e-mail, and regular mail
- Meeting preparation (extend invitations, reserve room, and equipment, acquire materials, set up space and prepare agendas)
- Manage and oversee logistics and resources for special classes and events
- Create reports, spreadsheets, and presentations (Pro-presenter, PowerPoint, Excel, CPO)
- Function as coordinator managing logistics for all Executive Staff-led events, retreats, staff, and other meetings, etc.
- Support the Executive Pastor in Human Resource management, including the updating and distribution of staff policies/procedures; administration of staff recruiting and assimilation processes, and coordination of periodic staff team building activities.
- Support pastors in sermon preparation (research, prepare sermon inserts, etc.)
- Manage data for key performance measures and routinely update for review by the board and executive staff
- Place orders for supplies, equipment, and resources as needed for the executive staff
- Multiply your impact by recruiting and building rapport with volunteers who can assist with various ministry tasks.
- Manage and oversee special projects to keep them on track and moving ahead
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Abilities:
- A growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- A commitment to the mission, vision, and philosophy of ministry at Seneca Creek Community Church
- Flexible, able to keep a positive attitude when under the pressure of deadlines and changing priorities
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize, think ahead, and anticipate needs.
- Proficient computer skills with strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, & Powerpoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Results-focused with good time management skills
- Team attitude willing to collaborate with staff and volunteers
- Good people skills, able to engage and work effectively with volunteers
- 5 years experience working in a busy office providing administrative support
This is a full-time position with a comprehensive benefits package that includes: health insurance, retirement savings plan with employer contributions, long-term disability insurance, continuing education funding, and paid vacation and sick leave.
To Apply Send Cover Letter and Resume to Careers@senecacreek.org