The vision of Seneca Creek Community Church is to ignite a movement of the gospel that will transform our world with the HOPE of Christ!
Heal the Whole Person
Offer to Serve
The gospel is the HOPE of the world and we, the Church, have been entrusted with that hope.
The gospel is good news that Jesus CAME TO HEAL the brokenness of our lives, to
make us whole and to lead us into fullness of life. We will meet the spiritual, physical, emotional, and social needs of people through ministries that address the whole person.
I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. (John 10:10)
The gospel is good news that Jesus CAME TO SERVE so we will proclaim the gospel, not
just in words, but also with our actions. Loving people by simply serving them with no strings attached.
Whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be your slave - just as the Son of Man did not come to be
served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many. (Matthew 20:26-28)
The gospel is good news that Jesus IS RECONCILING THE WORLD to God and He has entrusted us with the message of reconciliation. We will help others find their ultimate value and significance in a relationship with God through faith in Jesus Christ. We will also be barrier breakers, advancing the gospel by promoting reconciliation across racial, ethnic, and economic barriers.
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation. (2 Corinthians 5:17-18)
The gospel is good news that Jesus CAME TO RELEASE the oppressed and set captives free. We will speak out for and empower people to overcome the obstacles that hinder them from growing and prospering.
Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of orphans. Fight for the rights of widows. (Isaiah 1:17 NLT)
Imagine if you lived each moment with the conscious awareness that Jesus is the answer to heal all the brokenness and pain of humanity.
Imagine if more often than not, you set your agenda and your desires aside in order to serve the needs of someone else.
Imagine if you became known as a peacemaker; helping people find peace with God, tearing down the barriers that separate and divide people.
Imagine if you poured your life into the life of another, empowering them with the skills, knowledge, or character needed to succeed.
Imagine if hundreds and eventually thousands of us lived our lives this way.Imagine HOPE. Imagine how our world would change.
1. Everyone deserves to be introduced to Jesus.
2. If God isn't changing your life, you need a bigger God.
3. It's impossible to love others without serving them.
4. Our interactions either attract others to Jesus or drive them away.
5. The church has no walls.
6. We are all created for authentic community.
7. Innovation and failure form the bridge to the future.
8. In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity (love).
9. Pray and plan as if God is going to show up.
10. Excellence honors God and inspires people.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. We believe in one God, Creator of all things, holy, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in a loving unity of three equally divine Persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Having limitless knowledge and sovereign power, God has graciously purposed from eternity to redeem a people for Himself and to make all things new for His own glory.
2. We believe that God has spoken in the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, through the words of human authors. As the verbally inspired Word of God, the Bible is without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for salvation, and the ultimate authority by which every realm of human knowledge and endeavor should be judged. Therefore, it is to be believed in all that it teaches, obeyed in all that it requires, and trusted in all that it promises.
The Human Condition
3. We believe that God created Adam and Eve in His image, but they sinned when tempted by Satan. In union with Adam, human beings are sinners by nature and by choice, alienated from God, and under His wrath. Only through God's saving work in Jesus Christ can we be rescued, reconciled and renewed.
4. We believe that Jesus Christ is God incarnate, fully God and fully man, one Person in two natures. Jesus-Israel's promised Messiah-was conceived through the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He lived a sinless life, was crucified under Pontius Pilate, arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father as our High Priest and Advocate.
The Work of Christ
5. We believe that Jesus Christ, as our representative and substitute, shed His blood on the cross as the perfect, all-sufficient sacrifice for our sins. His atoning death and victorious resurrection constitute the only ground for salvation.
The Holy Spirit
6. We believe that the Holy Spirit, in all that He does, glorifies the Lord Jesus Christ. He convicts the world of its guilt. He regenerates sinners, and in Him they are baptized into union with Christ and adopted as heirs in the family of God. He also indwells, illuminates, guides, equips and empowers believers for Christ-like living and service.
7. We believe that the true church comprises all who have been justified by God's grace through faith alone in Christ alone. They are united by the Holy Spirit in the body of Christ, of which He is the Head. The true church is manifest in local churches, whose membership should be composed only of believers. The Lord Jesus mandated two ordinances, baptism and the Lord's Supper, which visibly and tangibly express the gospel. Though they are not the means of salvation, when celebrated by the church in genuine faith, these ordinances confirm and nourish the believer.
8. We believe that God's justifying grace must not be separated from His sanctifying power and purpose. God commands us to love Him supremely and others sacrificially, and to live out our faith with care for one another, compassion toward the poor and justice for the oppressed. With God's Word, the Spirit's power, and fervent prayer in Christ's name, we are to combat the spiritual forces of evil. In obedience to Christ's commission, we are to make disciples among all people, always bearing witness to the gospel in word and deed.
9. We believe in the personal, bodily and premillennial return of our Lord Jesus Christ. The coming of Christ, at a time known only to God, demands constant expectancy and, as our blessed hope, motivates the believer to godly living, sacrificial service and energetic mission.
Response and Eternal Destiny
10. We believe that God commands everyone everywhere to believe the gospel by turning to Him in repentance and receiving the Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that God will raise the dead bodily and judge the world, assigning the unbeliever to condemnation and eternal conscious punishment and the believer to eternal blessedness and joy with the Lord in the new heaven and the new earth, to the praise of His glorious grace.